Pages

Ads 468x60px

Justin Timberlake Apologizes For 'Silly, Unsavory' Wedding Video


Jusrin Timberlake is apologizing for a "silly, unsavory video" that shows homeless people offering congratulatory wishes to the pop star and his new bride, Jessica Biel.
Timberlake posted an open letter on his website Friday saying he didn't know about the video or contribute to it.

He says the video "was made as a joke on me" and wasn't shown at his wedding in Italy last week. "I had no knowledge of its existence. I had absolutely ZERO contribution to it," he writes, adding, "like many silly rumors that I have been made aware of about the week: It was NOT shown at my wedding."



Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel's Wedding Playlist



Timberlake calls the video "distasteful" and says he's deeply sorry to anyone offended by it. But he acknowledges that it was made by well-meaning friends. "My friends are good people. This was clearly a lapse in judgment which I'm sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don't believe it was made to be insensitive."

The 19-second video is titled, "Greetings from your Hollywood friends who just couldn't make it." It shows three people who obviously don't know the famous couple greeting them with wedding wishes.

Following a 10-month engagement and five year relationship, Timberlake and Biel were married earlier this month in Italy. "It's great to be married, the ceremony was beautiful and it was so special to be surrounded by our family and friends," the couple said in a statement to People.